Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I feel like I'm at the starting line. In a very good way.

"Operation: Shippin Up" is in full swing. I intend to live in Boston before the college kids rush back in. I've got feelers out in Cambridge/Somerville, Brookline, and East Boston. I've starred places in Allston, Medford, and Revere. For those who know the area, I'm obviously casting a wide net. I plan to narrow my search in the next month. If you'd like to share any advice... I am all ears.

This weekend, I'm finalizing my taxes and choosing my retirement plan, which activates on Wednesday... my 6-month anniversary at JFF.

Speaking of work, my new boss starts later this month. My old boss left 2 weeks after hiring me, at which point I was adopted by one of his No. 2's. I'm excited to hear some outside ideas, what the new VP thinks of mine, and a general spreading out of our team's workload, because lately, our approval process is a bottleneck.

* * *

But before my Spring fun begins, I'm spending the last 7 days of winter in New Mexico. Everyone here asks me "Why?" as if I said "I'm getting a sex change" or "I hate commas." I just smile back. I think golden visors, free 1st rounds, Thursday nights, All-Ins, and 381s speak for themselves.

It's an incredible feeling to know you can travel 2400 miles and not need a hotel. And for you down there... you've got a crash pad in Beantown once "Operation: Shippin Up" is completed.

* * *

In the meantime, folks. Please sample some my friends' music (links on the right).
CONGRATS to Jarrett on his group's CD release tonight! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Rube

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayme is a living repudiation of the old saw, "You can't go home again." The thing is, he has so MANY homes, mine among them. Monday afternoon made up for many missed Thursday nights around the pool table. Thanks for the visit, Jayme, and for the invitation to Boston. Thanks for your ongoing Friendship. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks! -- jess

emmy. said...

i posted your pictures of MY spring cleaning ;) check the blog, bro.

peace.